Thursday, August 11, 2011

Silverlight 4 – error in FrameworkElementMetaData

Booted up my PC and opened the latest project only to find when I try and view any of the silverlight VStudio just gives me this error: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.SilverlightCommonDesignTimeProperties' threw an exception.   - Nice and helpful.

There was only 1 result on google that sent me to https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/669751/the-type-initializer-for-microsoft-expression-platform-silverlight-silverlightcommondesigntimeproperties-threw-an-exception#

Thanks to dgcaron for his workaround;

I had this very same issue when i installed the WP7.1 templates from the MVVM light toolkit. i was able to build and use my projects after i :
- removed the system.windows.interactivity.dll reference
- cleaned my sln
- readded the reference

 

No comments: